Monday 7 March 2016

Rapunzel

Phew, did you ever start an image and almost abandon it halfway?

That's what happened to me yesterday when I began to colour my image for this weeks Polkadoodles Inky Pinkies DT project.

I was actually after an image that I could knock out pretty quickly as I am a bit behind, boy did I pick the wrong one, I stopped several times, but time was short so I muddled on and it has actually turned out better than I thought - That's not to say I am happy with it, so here goes.......



Image is Rapunzel and colored with Copics.

I started with the brickwork, which was mean't to be a soft grey, but hey, I got a bit carried away with my W9, next i did the skin and my E4 went a bit wild and wobbly (not my hands - lol), but I persevered

Then the hair disaster happened, I just could not get my strokes fine enough, so I decided to add some gold gel pen, kinda works!


As a complete project, It is better than I thought it would be halfway through, but not what I had in my head.
I finished by layering onto some brick embossed white card, which I dusted a little distress ink over and also stippled some blue distress ink around the finished image.

Lastly I added some Ivy die cuts, to tie it all together.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Challenges I would like to enter:-

Dragonfly Dreams - Use a Diecut
Pile it on - Green and 2 other colours (Grey & Yellow)
Allsorts - Feminine
Cards 4 Galz - Woman or Women
Starstampz - Embossing




7 comments:

  1. Stunning… :) Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally gorgeous Julie!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts "International Women's Day.
    Have a happy day;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and what a gorgeous image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'International Women's Day' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful image. And thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and your colouring is just amazing!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)